Thursday, September 24, 2009

blastocyst phobia

lemme tell u a secret.
when i was in kindy,
i adored babies.
i loved holding them, feeding them, playing with them.
if u ask me...
i think i was trying to play adult.
my mum wouldnt wanna have another baby.
sam was already born, we're just 20 months apart.
*
so i told myself,
since mummy wouldnt wanna give birth to one.
i'll have 12 kids when i grow up.
(okay, gawk all u want. i probably thought having children/ giving birth to children was as easy as doing your business, well thru the anus.)
*
there was once, mummy went for a checkup.
and dad announced at the dinner table
" we're having another baby!!!"
*
guess what i said.
i cried.
cos' i was scared the new baby would get all my mummy's attention.
haha. selfish me.
*
as i got older,
like in primary school.
i thought maybe 2 is just enough.
twins would be great.
that was before i knew that you had to sew the baby's entrance to the world after delivery.
*
after yesterday,
i'm not sure if i want kids anymore.
cheryl, my cousin's daughter, 3 years old, 15 kg.
insisted that i piggyback her.
that would not be an issue since i'm like 3.5 times her weight.
the problem is, she wanted me to exercise so badly.
" piggyback wo3 shang4 qu4 la."
" piggyback me upstairs la." (translation)
*
i did.
and as i was wiping the puddle of water she spilled in my room.
she just sprawled over my back and said," piggyback me downstairs."
i wanted to faint i tell you.
i carried a 15 kg heavy girl up and down and up and down.
i was wobbling, the mum didnt realise i think.
and she was having the fun of her life.
laughing her head off.
*
p.s. so if any of you,
wants me to babysit your child,
please make sure he/she knows that babysitters arent meant for piggybacking.

1 Comment:

  1. Unknown said...
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA...the older you get,the scarier children are.like my cousins.but we'll learn to love them again.hahahaha.12 kids.wow.

Post a Comment